The key local-global themes that we engage with:
- how we define citizenship – what it means and how it relates to us in our everyday lives
- how we develop as people, as countries, how we interact and depend on each other
- how our lifestyles impact on the world
- how local issues are global issues, and global issues are local issues
- interdependence, globalisation
- inequalities, injustice, conflict
- poverty, hunger, health, wealth and power, aid, trade and debt
- climate change, environment
- gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, disability
- global citizenship, values, beliefs, social justice, human rights, children’s rights, NGOs, Millenium Development Goals
- dialogue, partnership, empowerment, sustainability, solidarity, transformation, actions for change
Our resources are structured in order to facilitate school and youth groups to research and campaign on key local-global issues.
We also welcome interest from other educators or learners. Feel free to contact us and engage!